Use CVS/caremark’s drug search to see if your brand-name drug has a generic equivalent:
- Log in to My Account on hmsa.com.
- Select Drugs at the top and then click Drug Benefits.
- You’ll be directed to the CVS/caremark web portal. Agree to the terms and conditions to proceed.
- Select Plan and Benefits at the top.
- Select Check Drug Coverage & Cost to search for a drug by brand name.
- You can select Price a new drug, Price a past search or Price a previously filled prescription.
- Type your brand-name drug. Click Search.
- Your brand-name drug will be listed along with the generic equivalent and cost estimates for both.
If you can’t find the information you’re looking for, check your HMSA membership card to see if you have drug coverage with HMSA. If the word Drug with a code isn’t listed, you may have drug coverage with another insurer; check with your employer or employee organization. If your HMSA membership card indicates you have drug coverage with HMSA, call HMSA Customer Relations and select the Drug option to speak with a CVS/caremark customer care representative.