HMSA Doesn’t Discriminate
We comply with applicable federal civil rights laws. We don’t discriminate, exclude people, or treat people differently because of:
- National origin
Services that HMSA Provides
To better communicate with people who have disabilities or whose primary language isn’t English, HMSA provides free services such as:
- Language services and translations
- Sign language services
- Information written in other languages
- Information in other formats, such as large print, audio, and accessible digital formats
If you need these services, please call 800‑776‑4672.
How to File a Grievance or Complaint
If you believe that we’ve failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way, you can file a grievance in any of the following ways:
- Phone: 800‑776‑4672
- Email: Compliance_Ethics@hmsa.com
- Fax: 808‑948‑6414
- 818 Keeaumoku St.
- Honolulu, HI 96814
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, in any of the following ways:
- Phone: 800‑868‑1019 toll-free; TDD users, call 800‑537‑7697 toll-free
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- 200 Independence Ave. SW., Room 509F, HHH Building
- Washington, DC 20201
For complaint forms, please go to hhs.gov.