The HMSA health plans you subscribe to and the programs you join are part of the highest level of care available in our nation, proven by the recognition they’ve received from the industry’s leaders and governing agencies. To keep offering you the best products and services, we commit to ongoing audits and evaluations, allowing us to grow with you and meet your needs.
We work with the National Committee for Quality Assurance, or NCQA, to make sure that HMSA health plans meet high standards for quality care.
Health Plan Hawaii has earned the highest accreditation status of Excellent for service and clinical quality that meet or exceed NCQA’s rigorous requirements for consumer protection and quality improvement. HEDIS and CAHPS results are in the highest range of national performance.
The following plans have earned Commendable status for service and clinical quality that meets rigorous requirements for consumer protection and quality improvement.
- HMSA’s Akamai Advantage Local plan (Medicare PPO)
- Preferred Provider Plan
- Federal Employee Health Benefit Program
- State of Hawaii Employer Union Trust Fund Plan
The following plans comply with guidelines in the Affordable Care Act and have earned Accredited status for service and clinical quality.
- HMSA QUEST Integration, a Medicaid HMO
- HMSA Small Business A and B Status Plans: Preferred Provider Plan, Health Plan Hawaii, and CompMED
- HMSA Small Business Silver Preferred Provider Plan
- Individual Metallic PPO Plans with and without pediatric dental: Platinum PPO 100, Gold PPO 250, Gold PPO 1000, Silver PPO 1500, Silver PPO 2000, Bronze PPO 6350
- Individual Metallic HMO Plans with and without pediatric dental: Platinum HMO, Gold HMO, Silver HMO, and Bronze HMO
- Young Adults Plan
- Catastrophic Plan