The HMSA health plans you subscribe to and the programs you join are part of the highest level of care available in our nation, proven by the recognition they’ve received from the industry’s leaders and governing agencies. To keep offering you the best products and services, we commit to ongoing audits and evaluations, allowing us to grow with you and meet your needs.
We work with the National Committee for Quality Assurance, or NCQA, to make sure that HMSA health plans meet high standards for quality care.
The following plans have earned Commendable status for service and clinical quality that meets rigorous requirements for consumer protection and quality improvement.
- HMSA’s Akamai Advantage Local and Regional plans (Medicare PPO plans)
- HMSA QUEST Integration, a Medicaid HMO
- Preferred Provider Plan
- Health Plan Hawaii
- Federal Employee Health Benefit Program
- State of Hawaii Employer Union Trust Fund Plan
The following new plans comply with guidelines in the Affordable Care Act and have earned Accredited status for service and clinical quality.
- HMSA Small Business A and B Status Plans: Preferred Provider Plan, Health Plan Hawaii, and CompMED
- HMSA Small Business Silver Preferred Provider Plan
- Individual Metallic PPO Plans with and without pediatric dental: Platinum PPO 100, Gold PPO 250, Gold PPO 1000, Silver PPO 1500, Silver PPO 2000, Bronze PPO 6350
- Individual Metallic HMO Plans with and without pediatric dental: Platinum HMO, Gold HMO, Silver HMO, and Bronze HMO
- Young Adults Plan
- Catastrophic Plan
Three Hawaii medical centers have secured Blue Cross and Blue Shield’s Blue Distinction label, demonstrating expertise in delivering quality care. They are Castle Medical Center (bariatric surgery); Pali Momi Medical Center (bariatric surgery); and Queens Medical Center (cardiac care). This national Blue Distinction program helps you find specialty care and facilities to best meet your needs.
Blue Physician Recognition
Reviewing the list of doctors and specialists in the Blue Physician Recognition Program helps you make smarter health care decisions. See which providers joined quality improvement programs to better their services. The Blue National Doctor & Hospital Finder website and the Federal Employee Plan online directory will give you this information to help ensure you get quality care.