Civil Unions

Hawaii state law allows same-sex and opposite-sex couples to be eligible for civil unions beginning January 1, 2012, and grants civil union couples many of the same rights as married couples. For more information regarding eligibility and application, visit the Department of Health website.

Please check with your employer or group if you would like to enroll your civil union partner as a dependent on your HMSA plan.