Oahu Plans Summary for 2019
- This plan information is effective January 1, 2019.
- This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information.
- Medicare beneficiaries may also enroll in HMSA Akamai Advantage and Essential Advantage through the CMS Medicare Online Enrollment Center at www.medicare.gov.
- Every year, Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system.
- HMSA Akamai Advantage is a PPO plan and Essential Advantage is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in HMSA Akamai Advantage and Essential Advantage depends on contract renewal.
You’re eligible to enroll in HMSA Medicare Advantage if you:
- Are entitled to Medicare Part A and enrolled in Medicare Part B.
- Continue to pay your Part B premium.
- Are a U.S. citizen or lawfully present in the United States.
- Are a permanent resident of Honolulu County.
People with ESRD are not eligible for enrollment in this plan. Some exceptions may be applicable, please speak with a sales agent to determine eligibility.