Mail order through CVS Caremark is available to most HMSA drug plan members. You can save money with mail-order drugs because copayments are generally lower than when you buy from retail pharmacies. Refer to your drug plan certificate to see if you have mail order as a benefit.
To have a new prescription filled by mail order through CVS Caremark, you may do one of the following:
- Call the CVS FastStart service line at 1-800-875-0867 toll-free. Representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Log in to My Account on hmsa.com. Select Prescription Tools on the top left of the screen, then select FastStart®. You’ll be directed to the CVS Caremark Web page. Fill out and send in the mail-order service order form.
- Ask your provider to call in your prescription to 1-877-418-4130 toll-free, or fax your prescription to 1-800-378-0323.
- Log in to My Account on hmsa.com. Select Manage Mail Order Prescriptions to the right of the home screen.
To transfer your drug prescription from a retail pharmacy to mail order through CVS Caremark:
- Login to My Account on hmsa.com.
- Select the Prescription Tools link on the top left of the screen.
- Select the My Dashboard link. You’ll be directed to a new CVS Caremark Web page.
- Select Order Prescriptions at the top of the page.
- Select the Transfer a Prescription link.
- Select the Local Pharmacy to Mail Service link.
- Enter your drug name, choose medicine form and strength, and continue your request to order your transfer to mail order.
- Once you submit your transfer request, CVS Caremark contacts your provider for you to make the switch.
Once you establish your prescriptions with CVS Caremark’s mail-order pharmacy, refills may be requested in the following ways:
- Mail your refill order form back to CVS Caremark. A refill order form will be mailed to you with your mail-order drug.
- Call CVS Caremark to request your prescription refill. CVS Caremark’s phone number is printed on your prescription bottle.
- Order your refill online. Log in to My Account on hmsa.com and select Manage Mail Order Prescriptions to the right of the home screen.
Don’t see the Prescription Tools link in My Account? Check your HMSA membership card to see if you have drug coverage with HMSA. If the word Drug with a code is not listed, you may have drug coverage with another insurer, so please check with your employer or employee organization. If your HMSA membership card indicates you have drug coverage with HMSA, call HMSA Customer Relations and select the Drug option to speak with a CVS Caremark customer care representative. For your convenience, representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- CVS Caremark provides pharmacy benefit management services and manages HMSA’s drug formulary for HMSA’s commercial, Medicare, and QUEST programs. CVS Caremark is an independent company.