When to enroll
You can enroll in Akamai Advantage when you’re eligible for Medicare Part A and enrolled in Part B. To be able to use your plan benefits as soon as possible, we need to have your application by the last day of the month before the month you’d like your coverage to start.
Open Enrollment Dates
You can also apply during open enrollment, October 15 to December 7, 2013 with a proposed effective date of January 1 (subject to CMS approval). You may also qualify for a special election period.
What you’ll need
- A copy of your Medicare card or letter from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board
- Your HMSA subscriber ID number, if you have one.
- Your primary care physician’s name.
- Know when you’d like your coverage to start
- If you (the applicant) are unable to sign, your legal representative may sign by filling in their name, mailing address, telephone number, and their relationship to you (the applicant).
Before you send
It’s important that the forms submitted are complete and accurate to avoid delays in starting your coverage.
Please do not send payment with your application. We’ll send you a monthly bill once your application is approved. Monthly premiums must be paid in advance and can be withheld from your Social Security Administration check or Rail Road Retirement Board check if you chose that option on your application. If we don’t receive your premiums on a timely basis and reasonable attempts have been made to collect them, your Akamai Advantage membership may be terminated.
Where to send
Once filled out, please mail the form to this address:
Akamai Advantage Sales
P.O. Box 3500
Honolulu, HI 96811-9983
You can also fax us the completed application to 808-948-6343.