If you have a chronic medical condition, HMSA Well-Being Connection can help. Our comprehensive services can help you enjoy a more active life with fewer symptoms, meet health care and dietary goals set by your doctor, and provide information, workshops, and tools to help you management of your condition.
Our staff, including registered nurses, registered dietitians, social workers, and health coaches, provides information and support for:
- Asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Behavioral health – including managing stress, anxiety, depression, substance abuse, smoking, and other behavioral issues.
- Heart failure and coronary artery disease.
- Chronic kidney disease.
Well-Being Connection and its disease management services do not replace a doctor’s care. It is designed to help you better understand and manage your condition and support your doctor’s treatment plan. Members will receive a variety of services, including:
- Calls from a team of specially trained, highly empathetic health professionals.
- Quarterly educational newsletters with practical and effective disease management strategies and reminders.
- Educational materials sent in the mail.
- Self-care goal planning and support.
- Access and appropriate referrals to a variety of HMSA services:
- Diabetes education, diet, exercise, and nutrition classes provided at various convenient locations.
- Stop smoking assistance.
- Other health education and lifestyle support resources.
For more information, contact Well-Being Connection at 1 (855) 329-5461 toll-free.