These are the eligibility requirements for sole proprietor plans:
- Self-employed individual.
- Legal resident, residing in the state of Hawaii.
- Must have a state of Hawaii General Excise Tax (GET) license.
- Registered and/or licensed by the state of Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer
The applicant must have a qualifying event to enroll or be subject to Open Enrollment
in May for a July 1 effective date. The applicant may choose to enroll in a medical
plan with drug, vision, dental, and life insurance, or a medical plan only.
For assistance enrolling in a sole proprietor plan, please contact a small business
- Oahu (808) 948-5555, option 3.
- Kauai (808) 245-4299.
- Maui (808) 871-2466.
- Hilo (808) 935-6993.
- Kona (808) 326-1940.