For the health of your company
As an individual business owner, you face many challenges, but finding health care coverage
shouldn’t be one of them. HMSA’s Individual Business Plan - HMO (IBP-HMO)
strikes the right balance between the coverage you need and a cost you can afford.
The right choice for you
HMSA’s Individual Business Plan - HMO (IBP-HMO) offers comprehensive coverage
- Medical services.
- Prescription drugs.
- Vision services.
- Dental care.
Maintaining your good health means more time to grow your business. To help you
prevent illness and injury, your personal care provider (PCP) will coordinate all
your health care needs.
Oral Health for Total Health
HMSA has a four-tiered approach to help at-risk members get proper dental care.
With Oral Health for Total Health, integrated medical and dental claims information
allows us to:
- Identify at-risk members who would benefit from our oral health program through
medical claims data and member self-enrollment.
- Educate our members who have coronary artery disease, diabetes, or oral cancer,
as well as pregnant women, about the benefits of good oral health.
- Engage in targeted intervention for select members who are not maintaining their
- Remove financial barriers through Enhanced Dental Benefits, a program that provides
at-risk members with condition-specific services beyond their regular dental benefits.
- No copayment for in-network providers.
- No deductible.
- Covered outside the annual maximum.
Enhanced Dental Benefits
On January 1, 2013, Enhanced Dental Benefits will be added to the Oral Health for
Total Health program. Enhanced Dental Benefits will provide additional support for
HMSA members who have specific medical conditions at no charge with no deductible
or coinsurance for in-network services when they visit an HMSA participating provider.
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes or coronary artery disease, you are automatically
enrolled for Enhanced Dental Benefits. If you are pregnant or diagnosed with oral
cancer, you are eligible for these benefits as well, but you will need to enroll for Enhanced
Dental Benefits. For detailed information on your benefits under Oral Health for
Total Health and Enhanced Dental Benefits, simply log on to My Account at hmsa.com
and click Benefits on the Welcome page, then click the View Dental Benefits button.
On My Dental Coverage page, click the Oral Health for Total Health link at the bottom.
Your mouth is the gateway to a healthier you. Keep your teeth and gums healthy for
overall better health.
Affordable, quality care
Under this plan, you’ll receive benefits and ongoing programs to ensure quality
care and services, including:
- First office visit coverage.
- Low office visit copayments.
- Preventive care services at no extra cost.
- Annual physical exams and well-baby care for your child.
This plan is designed to give you the best HMO coverage at the lowest cost. You’ll
- No annual deductible.
- 100 percent coverage for preventive dental services, including examinations, cleanings,
- A $15,000 group-term life and accidental death and dismemberment benefits policy
for plan members.
Coverage away from home
As a self-employed individual, you may do a lot of traveling. While away on business, the
last thing you want to think about is your medical coverage. As an IBP-HMO member,
whether you are on the Mainland, Neighbor Islands, or traveling worldwide, you’ll
receive all the benefits of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield network of providers.